Taverham Vets's home page
Emergency 01603 867330
Out of hours 01603 867330
Taverham Hospital 01603 867330
Longwater Lane 01603 747344
Bure Valley 01263 733949

Pet Travel

Advice for pet travel within the EU

An Animal Health Certificate is now required for pets travelling in the EU.

Unlike the old Pet Passport system, these certificates are valid for a specific length of time to cover a single trip only, so you will need a new Animal Health Certificate every time you travel in the EU with your pet.

There are four easy steps to getting an Animal Health Certificate:

  1. Ensure your pet is microchipped
  2. Ensure your pet is vaccinated against Rabies*
  3. Ensure a minumum of 21 days has elapsed between the date of the Rabies vaccination and the date of travel
  4. Get an Animal Health Certificate (AHC) signed by an Official Vet - the Official Vet will only be able to sign this if you meet the criteria on the previous steps
*Your pet must be at least 12 weeks old to receive a Rabies vaccination


Please contact us for an appointment. Before your appointment, please complete this application form.